-- A generic Republican might be handily defeating Clinton, but Trump is not a generic Republican. Clinton’s net negative is 14 points (42 percent of likely voters view her favorably and 56 percent see her in an unfavorable light), but Trump’s is 25 points (37 percent favorable vs. 62 percent unfavorable). It is truly remarkable that Trump is down only four points among likely voters when you consider that the same poll also finds:
- 68 percent believe Trump has made unwanted sexual advances toward women. Just 14 percent say he has not.
- 57 percent said Trump’s response to the 2005 “Access Hollywood” video was insincere.
- Only 40 percent agree with Trump that the comments are “locker room talk.”
- 57 percent say it's inappropriate for Trump to say that Clinton would be in jail if he were president for her use of a private email server as secretary of state.
- While 55 percent say Trump’s treatment of women is a legitimate issue in the campaign, 67 percent say Bill Clinton’s treatment of women is not a legitimate issue.
- 52 percent say Clinton does not have strong moral character, but 66 percent say Trump does not
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment